Wedding Quotations and Sayings - Both
the Serious and Fun
1. Here’s to the groom, a man who keeps his head though he loses his heart.
2. A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Here’s to these beautiful bridesmaids.
3. Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day.
4. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
5. A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
6. The Vows Are Done, It’s Time for Fun
7. Something Old, Something Borrowed, Something New, and Something Blue (with blue koozies)
8. I Went to [Bride's First Name] and [Groom's First Name] on [Date]…And All I Got Was This Damn [cup, koozies, glass, etc.]!
9. Choose your love, and love your choice
10. Drink to Each Other’s Health and Spoil Your Own!
11. Celebrate a Serious Love….Of Beer
12. Time is Never Wasted…If You’re Wasted All the Time
13. “Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning.”
14. A man is incomplete until he is married…after that, he’s finished.
15. Love consists in looking together in the same direction.
16. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
17. May they share everything including the housework!
18. Today, our two lives become one.
19. Once in a lifetime you meet someone who changes everything.
20. “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”
21. Happiness is being married to your best friend.
22. Eat, Drink, and Be Married!
23. Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Always
24. There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.
25. To Have and To Hold and To Keep Your Beer Cold
26. The Wedding is Here, Time for Beer
27. May you live as long as you want but never want as long you live.
28. Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be.
29. I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
30. This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love.
31. What therefore God has joined together let no man separate. Mark 10:9
32. Together…is a wonderful place to be.
33. Two hearts united, and two shall become as one.
34. Don’t marry someone you can live with…….marry someone you can’t live without.
35. The goal of marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.
36. With this ring, I thee wed…
37. Women have their faults, men have only two: everything they say and everything they do.
38. A marriage may be made in Heaven. But the maintenance is done on earth.
39. Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. Afterwards, the ‘y’ is dropped…
40. Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let him sleep!
41. Success in marriage is more than finding the right person…it’s becoming the right person.
42. The goal of marriage is not to think alike but to think together.
43. I whispered in your ear, and spoke to your heart.
44. You helped me open the music to my heart.
45. Two hearts, two rings, one love, eternal happiness.
46. Treasuring all the moments we’ve shared…all the memories we’ve made.
47. A new beginning full of promise and a chance to make dreams come true.
48. A hug for your drink from the new Mr. and Mrs. [Last Name]
49. I gave him the right finger this time!
50. I married beneath me—all women do.
51. My dear, my better half.
52. A wife is the joy of a man’s heart.
53. Marriage isn’t a word…it’s a sentence!
54. In joy and sorrow they share each other’s tears.
55. Early marriage, long love.
56. Marry your like.
57. Marriages are made in heaven and consummated on earth.
58. Man has his will—but women have their way!
59. Men and women are kneaded from the same dough!
60. Men make houses, women make homes.
61. We are most alive when we’re in love.
62. O keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.
63. In all of the wedding cake, hope is the sweetest of plums.
64. Marriage–a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose.
65. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
66. My Greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years your love for each other will so deepen and grow, that years from now you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least.
67. Look down you gods, and on this couple drop a blessed crown.
68. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
69. Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.
70. Love is not singular except in syllable.
71. An anniversary says, “Think of the dreams you have weathered together. They are intimate accomplishments.
72. To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
73. She knows all about me and loves me just the same.
74. May she share everything with her husband, including the housework.
75. Happy marriages begin when we marry the one we love, and they blossom when we love the one we married.
76. There a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. Esphesions 5:31